Nutrient-Rich DelightDiwali, the festival of lights, is synonymous with joy, togetherness, and delightful treats. Among the array of mouthwatering dishes, Dates Khajoor Halwa stands out as a nutritious and easy-to-make dessert that perfectly complements the festive spirit. Packed with the goodness of dates, this halwa not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also provides essential minerals, vitamins, and
Why Dates? Nutrient-Rich Delight
Dates are a powerhouse of nutrients, boasting high fiber and antioxidants. They contribute to brain health, illness prevention, and are rich in micronutrients like copper, magnesium, manganese, and selenium. Including dates in your diet can offer a range of health benefits, making them an ideal choice for a festive indulgence.
- 500g chopped seedless Dates
- 250 gm sugar
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp elaichi powder
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
Step 1: Date Preparation
- Soak the dates in hot water for around 1 hour to soften them. Once soaked, grind them into a coarse paste using a blender.
Step 2: Cooking Process
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add ghee and the date puree. Stir the mixture well.
- Add milk and sugar, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook on low flame.
- After 15-20 minutes, the mixture will thicken and leave the sides of the pan.
Step 3: Flavor Infusion
- Incorporate cardamom powder and elaichi powder. Mix well.
Step 4: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Let the halwa rest for 15 to 20 minutes before molding it into desired shapes.
- Ensure the halwa cools fully before cutting to maintain its texture.
Tips for Perfect Dates Halwa:
- Opt for high-quality dates, ensuring they are soft and free of blemishes or pits for a rich flavor and soft texture.
- Soak dates in hot water for about 30 minutes to achieve a smooth and lump-free halwa.
- Blend the soaked dates into a fine paste. If too thick, add a little water for a smoother consistency.
- Allow the halwa to cool completely before cutting to achieve the perfect texture.
Diwali Delight: Dates Khajoor Halwa Recipe Card
- Total Time: 40 min
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Cooking Level: Medium
- Course: Desserts
- Calories: 400
- Cuisine: Indian
Indulge in this delightful Dates Khajoor Halwa recipe, adding a nutritious touch to your Diwali celebrations. Wishing you a sweet and joyous festival!